Our client, a major bank in New York City, NY, is looking for a talented Network Security Engineer.
Permanent positions with great benefits package and competitive compensation DOE
No H1 Visa will be supported for this position.
** Must be authorized to work for ANY employer in US - NO Visa support for this role
- 5-7+ years’ of experience in a relevant position.
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies. In depth knowledge of Windows and Linux O/S’s.
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including Encryption, VPNs, PKI, Firewalls, IDS, Proxies, NAC, SIEM, AV, DNS, Email, Wireless
- Scripting knowledge of at least one of the following scripting languages: PowerShell, Python, or similar
- Strong knowledge of internet, web, application and network security techniques
- Strong knowledge of Linux & Windows operating system security.
- Experience with threat modeling, penetration testing or running security scans with third party software and their application during SDLC processes.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve security issues
- Strong communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate ideas, solutions etc.
- Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
Additional Optional Qualifications:
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA)
- Experience with project management and industry best practices
- Experience working within the Financial Services industry
- Project based work
- Implement well-engineered solutions to improve security posture.
- Supervise in-house and third-party vulnerability testing
- Work with vendors and colleagues to assess different technologies and determine their impact on security.
- Provide technical support to design, develop, engineer and implement security requirements for new and existing hardware, networks, and applications
- Create and maintain documentation on security procedures
- Prepare formal and informal reports with security requirements on security incidents, system vulnerabilities, and ongoing compliance functions.
- Perform web application and web services security assessments, including reporting of vulnerabilities and working with development teams to correct or mitigate found vulnerabilities
- Operational (30-40%)
- Perform day to day administration, upgrading, and support of security infrastructure tools and systems such as:
- SIEM/Logging Tools
- Assist with installation and integration of new tools and systems
- Review security logs, identify deficiencies, recommend and implement improvements
- Provide escalated support on security issues and guidelines from end-users, developers, desktop-support specialists and system administrators
- Troubleshoot security issues and assist with security incident responses and forensic investigations
Please email your resume or
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers
Keywords: network, security, firewall, python, shell, scripting, linux, vpn, pki, ids, proxies, siem, edr, hips, email, wireless