This position will be essential in providing team leadership, collaboratively evolve our database standards and policies, drive automation of daily tasks and plan for growth of the bank database environment. As a technical manager, a successful applicant must be familiar with all aspects of database servers in a multi-platform environment, with a special emphasis on MS SQL Server, Snowflake, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
This individual will work closely with project teams, end users, business unit leaders, and IS management to address issues, prioritize tasks and resource bank initiatives. You’ll work directly with various stakeholders to ensure high-quality, consistent, and on-time delivery of projects.
This team is in the process of transitioning to Agile and will have a heavy emphasis on business value and providing visibility across all stages of a project from conception to handover/delivery.
Heavy emphasis on:
- Service culture with a focus on business value
- Infrastructure as code
- Immutable infrastructure
- CI/CD and repeatable deployment
- Making work visible, reducing bottlenecks
- Using automation to increase quality and improve experiences
- Lead the Database Administration .
- Help the team identify and drive out routine tasks into automation, leveraging internal and external resources to reduce the team’s daily toil.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the design, and feedback of internal database applications and standards for database design to ensure database availability, scalability, and performance over time
- Work in a cross-functional team to oversee design and engineering of solutions to complicated problems
- Mentor and coach other engineers including establishing measurable performance goals
- Ensure critical skills are identified, cultivated, and reinforced
- Work with other stakeholder (Management, Line of Business, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Engineers) to plan, groom and maintain a forward-looking roadmap/backlog of tasks considering business need.
- Act as a liaison to other groups and lines of business