This position supports the development and implementation of Wealth Management’s technology roadmap as a Sr. Data Engineer.
The Sr. Data Engineer will bring 10+ years of experience working within agile teams creating and delivering quality software, as well as strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
Contributions will include software development process improvement, creation of software designs using design patterns, automation, and development technical support.
Need to work with architects, data analysts, business team and other key stake holders to accept requirements, translates requirements into design, develop, test & deploy using Python, Snowflake (SQL) and understanding of DevOps tools will be required.
Sr. Data Engineer (Lead):
- Design and development ETL/ELT using Python, SQL (Snowflake, SQL Server, Mongo DB), CI/CD Automation, Open Shift. Be able to develop & automate a project through its entire lifecycle.
- Knowledge in Data Warehouse/Data Mart design and implementation. Be able to develop a project through its entire lifecycle.
- Build distributed, reusable, and efficient backend application using Python.
- Implementation of security and Data protection
- Providing guidance on new technologies and continuous improvement in best practices
- Researching, implementation and development of software development tools
- Understand repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale.
- Establish quality processes to deliver a stable and reliable solution
- Efficient in writing complex SQL, stored procedures in Snowflake, SQL Server
- Preparing documentation (Data Mapping, Technical Specifications, Production Support, data dictionaries, test cases, etc.) for all projects
Experience & Education:
- 10+ Years of experience in leading Data Engineering solutions & efforts
- 5+ Years of experience in Python, Pandas, Django
- 3+ Years of experience in SQL (Snowflake, SQL Server/Oracle) and experience in MongoDB, Elastic Search (No SQL)
- 2+ Years of experience in ETL Developer role with deep knowledge of data processing tools like Informatica, SSIS.
- Experience in DevOps using Jenkins, Dockers, and AWS DevOps
- Experience in AWS Cloud implementation as a developer
- Strong experience in building data warehouse solutions and Data Modeling.
- Strong ETL performance-tuning skills and the ability to analyze and optimize production volumes and batch schedules.
- Experience with ETL, Unix/Linux, as well as Git or other version control systems
- Expertise in operational data stores and real time data integration
- Experience with Development Methodologies, Databases Platforms and Data Modeling tools (Erwin/Model Manager)
- Expert level skill in modelling, managing, scaling and performance tuning high-volume transactional database.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Python language, SQL (Snowflake, SQL Server) and No SQL (MongoDB)
- Experience/Knowledge in Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT process or tools like Informatica, SSIS
- Proficiency in master data management (MDM) projects and solutions.
- Proficiency with high volume OLTP Databases and large data warehouse environments.
- Experience and knowledge of optimizing database performance and capacity utilization to provide high availability and redundancy
- Understanding of Agile and its implementation for Data Warehouse Development
- Strong experience with SQL Server Management Studio, Advanced T-SQL and SQL Server Databases
- Capital Markets knowledge and experience is highly desired
- Understanding of traditional and alternative asset class investment data, including but not limited to equity, fixed income, private equity, real estate, derivatives, mutual funds, ETFs, global assets, foreign exchange, etc.