Contract role with 10+ months initial term, possible extensions and option to hire.
Review production system incidents and problems daily, and work with system owners to document the issues, root causes, system actions, solutions and preventative measures. Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and ad-hoc analyses/reports; present to IT senior management.
B.S. in IT-related discipline or equivalent.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of, and/or experience in, system development or infrastructure support (related to network, servers and/or databases).
Experience in production system support is a plus
Experience in ServiceNow ITIL service management tool is a plus
Further: The responsibility of the role is to
(1) review the tickets called/logged into the Help Desk (similar to "Incidents" in the ITIL framework) and identify potential system troubles (similar to "Problems" in ITIL);
(2) be aware of potential problems through normal communication,
(3) follow through with "owners" of the Problems to ensure that the Problem is documented accurately and timely, including root cause and preventive measure
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- HELP DESK
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
IT system users report issues to the Help Desk. The Help Desk registers the issues as incidents and assigns the incidents to the teams responsible for the system. The responsible teams analyze the incidents and provide interim solutions. If an incident is the result of an issue related to a production system, a system trouble, or problem, report is registered.
Daily Operations Meeting
- Reviews daily Help Desk and operations reports, prepares summary metrics, identifies any incidents that may need to be registered as system troubles and presents findings 8:50 AM meeting.
- Follows up with system owners on incidents, as required, to obtain further details.
Problem/System Trouble Reporting
Use this link to apply directly:
- Follows up with system owners as needed to register system troubles.
- Works with system owners to identify root causes, system actions, solutions and preventative measures.
- Prepares analyses, metrics and reports of new system troubles registered for week, and presents to senior IT management at regular weekly meeting.
- Prepares analyses, metrics and reports of new system troubles registered for month and submits report to Head Office.
- Follows up with system owners on open system troubles to ensure timely closure.
- Prepares analyses, metrics and reports of system troubles registered for specific periods of time (e.g., semi-annual and annual) or as requested. Identifies trends in root causes, recommends short- and long-term preventative measures to IT teams.