Azure Lead Engineer (Cloud Solutions)
One of our clients, a Global Market Research Company, is looking for a talented Azure Lead Engineer (Cloud Solutions)
Permanent position with excellent compensation package and benefits.
Location: Remote position (East or West coast)
SORRY NO H1 VISA SUPPORT FOR THIS ROLE
Please read the description below and to be considered immediately email your resume to email@example.com with your rate/salary history/requirements.
Azure Lead Engineer (Cloud Solutions)
- The DevOps Lead Engineer is a key member contributor to the company's Cloud DevOps Team and will act as thought leader and principal architect designing solutions in collaboration with application engineers, developers, cloud engineers, security and other roles that are part of the product lifecycle.
- Lead cloud design activities and support the DevOps Team with the development testing and continuous implementation of solutions.
- Provide design and thought leadership in support of emergent DevOps and Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) pipelines
- Use cloud architecture and design. Leverage Azure services; Azure DevOps tolls and technologies to drive the delivery of next generation Microsoft Azure based products.
- The DevOps Lead Engineer also designs the solution to drive the migration of existing products and platforms to Azure. The role provides guidance and assistance to junior staff members to evolve and mature their cloud skills, especially as it relates to driving programmatic solutions to improve cost and technology based efficiencies.
- Minimum 10 years of technology experience.
- 5+ years of Azure Cloud-based system design and architecture. Prior to this, minimum 3 years’ experience in a cloud administrator, CI/CD or comparable role
- Application programming experience using scripting language (Python, Yaml, Ruby, Powershell)
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Azure cloud services, IaaS and PaaS solutions and best practices
- Extensive and expert level knowledge of and experience with some automation framework and scripting languages, like Azure ARM, YAML templates, PowerShell or Bash, for driving cloud build, deployment and programmatic solutions for optimizing cloud system management, maintenance, performance, reliability, scalability and costs
- Demonstrable and in-depth knowledge of and experience with cloud native services that enable proactive operations practices
- Extensive experience with operating cloud services, including monitoring/alerting, cost reporting and optimization, cloud security, and problem resolution
- Capable of implementing automated and programmatic solutions to support ITIL/ITSM practices
- Expert level Financial acumen including cloud cost management, cost projections, and ROI justification capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Computer Science, Business Administration
- Certification in Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert or Azure Solutions Architect
- Lead the technical direction for current and future cloud solutions by designing cloud architectures for company’s platforms, products and services
- Own the design of a library & package of reusable components, services, networking standards and tools to accelerate the delivery of cloud solutions
- Govern the technical delivery of cloud foundational components like databases, logic apps, application gateways, compute, network, storage, backup, disaster recovery, etc.
- Maintain industry awareness and design in new Azure and cloud services across Azure landscapes for PaaS, Iaas, and emergent technologies
- Collaborate with Architecture, Development and SecOps teams to ensure that cloud designs follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to company’s security standards and are optimized to ensure SLA and OLA compliance
- Design of complex cloud services changes and onboarding of new services and applications
- Provides subject matter expertise, technical analysis, and consultation on the design and implementation of all cloud services and technologies, including best practices
- Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives for cloud services management, non-functional requirements, disaster recovery, and security
- Provides innovative technical guidance and leadership to all levels within cloud engineering services.
- Mentors and educates junior staff in cloud engineering and support activities
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture, Data Science, and Systems Development teams regarding solution delivery on cloud solutions
- Investigates and recommends new cloud solutions needed for new projects, improving cloud services maturity and increasing cloud adoption
- Develops and conducts educational and business-related presentations related to cloud technologies, best practices, and acts as cloud evangelist to the organization
- Publishes internal and external whitepapers and policy guidelines related to analysis and recommendation for leveraging cloud technologies
- Conducts proofs of concepts and research & development activities to assess viability and opportunities to advance NPD’s cloud technologies footprint and adoption strategy
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers