Senior UNIX System Administrator
One of our clients, a Global Market Research Company, is looking for a Senior UNIX System Administrator
Permanent position with excellent compensation package and benefits.
This position can also be a contract to hire opportunity.
Location: Remote position (then NYC)
SORRY NO H1 VISA SUPPORT FOR THIS ROLE
Please read the description below and to be considered immediately email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your rate/salary requirements.
Senior UNIX System Administrator
- Be part of a team which supports all UNIX based technology platforms globally with a focus on implementing next generation of Big Data processing systems designed on Hadoop technology.
- Lead company in maintaining existing technology platforms while designing next generation of UNIX based computing platforms.
- 7+ Years of significant RHEL administration and configuration experience
- Management of Virtualization technologies (VMWARE, RHEL KVM, etc)
- 5 Years supporting IBM Sterling Integrator MFTP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Architecture, configuration, Automation, DevOps and Azure Technology a big plus.
- A technical understanding of Hadoop systems and benefits of Hadoop in large Big Data environments
- In-depth experience in Linux kernel parameters, troubleshooting kernel based errors, experience in various file systems (including Veritas FS, LVMs, and ext3 and 4)
- Experience in optimizing, monitoring and deploying applications within a distributed hybrid cloud environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Ability to create technical documentations including drawings and system processes
- Have a broad set of technology skills across many areas associated with Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora) and the ability to manage mission critical 24 x 7 large UNIX based processing systems while designing next generation computing platforms.
- This position is exposed to other Data Warehouse, BI, and server technologies such as Ab Initio (ETL), Oracle RDBMS, SAS, Sybase IQ, MicroStrategy, clustering and virtualization.
- Support 24 x 7 existing UNIX based systems running on Linux RedHAT version 6 – 7
- Support IBM Sterling B2B Integrator MFTP – Business process development and coding
- Create and maintain IBM Sterling Integrator Workflows
- Support and Maintain Azure technology and deployment including working with Microsoft DevOps
- Support and diagnose issues related to IBM Sterling Integrator
- Patch, upgrade and build systems as required by customers ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented
- Work with the team to investigate, prototype, propose and develop next generation technology options for distributed computing
- Proactively performance tune existing systems, seek for opportunities to enhance delivery of services to end customers
- Build adhoc scripts to gather system information, automate manual tasks for efficiency (Shell / Perl), build documentation and standard operating procedures
- Manage, monitor and scale cloud infrastructures using Puppet, Ganglia, Nagios and other open sources tools
- Part of the Platform team to support 100+ RHEL, HP/UX, and virtual servers
- Partner with Networking and Storage teams to innovate and support new technologies
- Collect and review system data for capacity and planning purposes
- Work closely with clients to provide technical insight and analytics
- Develop puppet modules for configuration management
- Create scripts to improve automated installations and maintenance
- Provide Operational support including maintenance (software updates), hardware break/fix, and interfacing with vendor tech support
- Candidate will be 50% on Linux day to day administration, 30% on project based work and 20% on innovation, research and development
Bachelor in a technology field or applicable work experience
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: email@example.com
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers