One of our clients, a leading cloud service management company, looking for a talented Cloud Systems Engineer (remote role with option to work on-site as well).
This is a permanent full time position with great benefits package.
100% remote. With option to work on-site, Locations: NYC and 16 other states.
Managed Services Engineering team is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to join its growing organization. This position will fulfill an engineering role, primarily managing and maintaining our client environments and internal systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform break/fix in AWS, Azure, Linux and Windows environments
- Hands-on Bash and Python experience for automating operations & processes
- Proficiency with AWS management console (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, EFS, Cloudformation) and expertise in Linux and/or Windows server administration
- Extensive hands-on experience with Linux and/or administration, Engineering, and Automation (i.e.Ubuntu, Redhat, and CentOS Amazon Linux, etc. or Windows AD, DNS, DHCP, MSSQL, vSphere)
- Team player, strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- Experience working with version control systems including Gitlab
- Demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and/or continuous deployment tools and scripting such as experience with CI/CD deployment pipelines.
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations, including a deep dive into reliability and scaling issues from both a code and infrastructure perspective
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with both Windows and Linux administration
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet and/or Ansible and Cloudformation
- Familiar with Azure environments
- Familiar with Jira reporting and dashboards
Use this link to apply directly:
- Maintain current client environments for existing managed AWS, managed Azure, and private cloud clients utilizing DevOps principles
- Identify areas for improvement in our deployment pipeline, client project process, as well as upgrade paths
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex AWS, Azure, and private cloud cases
- Provide feedback to other departments on improvements in cross-pollinating systems and processes
- Spearhead AWS-related projects - including: executor-ship, scoping, design/architecture, resource allocation
- Act as a mentor and an escalation point for our junior engineering staff on our NOC team
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours escalations, nights and weekends
- Organize and execute training sessions for new workflows and procedure recommendations
- Gather feedback from the Managed Services department on areas of improvement and provide solutions
- Participate in inter-departmental planning meetings on suggested solutions for existing issues as well as systemic improvements