The Cloud Engineering Manager responsible for moving existing infrastructure to the cloud, modernizing our IT infrastructure, and building platforms so that other engineers can safely self-service.
This position will oversee multiple scrum/agile teams each consisting of 5-7 experienced engineers.
- Infrastructure as code
- Immutable infrastructure
- CI/CD and repeatable deployment
- Work in a cross-functional team to oversee design and engineering of solutions to complicated problems
- Mentor and coach other engineers including establishing measurable performance goals
- Work with other stakeholder (Management, Line of Business, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Engineers, InfoSec) to plan, groom and maintain a forward-looking roadmap/backlog of tasks considering business needs. Backlog planning should be inclusive of budgeting and staffing projections.
- Evangelize, educate, and consult peers within the organization with regards to DevSecOps best practices with a heavy emphasis on reduction of toil, automation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, and immutable infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to maintain and extend Cloud workload patterns governance models/reporting, inclusive of cost, risk, and security.
- Educate internal IS teams on the benefits of using Cloud.
- Act as a liaison to other groups and lines of business.
- 3+ years with a Public Cloud Provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- 4+ years of development management experience
- 2+ years with Agile and Scrum
- 5+ years with Windows and Linux platforms
- 2+ years of experience with Containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tool
- 2+ Years of experiences with GitOps and/or CI/CD
- Experience with DevSecOps