Our client, a major bank in Central, NJ, is looking for Infrastructure Operations Engineer Consultant.
Initial 12 months contract with possibility for extensions.
Currently 100% remote due to Covid19, will be on-site role after.
Please read the description below and to be considered immediately email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Infrastructure Operations Engineer will be responsible for monitoring key infrastructure items, remediating incidents and escalating to the proper team where necessary, reporting on key risk indicators and providing suggestions for improvements. The primary technologies to be focused on include compute, storage, backups, and virtualization.
- Perform daily health checks of core infrastructure components with possible remediation or escalation to other team members
- Work with the monitoring team to ensure that all alerts are accurate and have applicable workflows/run books
- Collaborate with management to create reports and dashboards (specific to team responsibilities)
- Develop automation from workflows and modify as needed
- Monitor and action resource allocation requests for virtual machines and storage infrastructure
- Patch systems and ensuring we follow IT standards and security policies
- Manage the team’s task queue and deal with escalations from both internal and external teams
- Automate manual tasks using new or existing tool sets
- Review daily backup reports and ensure all regulated items, such as SOX backups, are successful and in working order
- Perform root cause analysis for production incidents.
- Promote a DevOps culture within bank by driving automation and a root cause culture to improve our overall environment
- Maintain system documentation and ensure playbooks up to date and accurate
- Develop tools and processes to improve the overall user experience
- Triage security exceptions with security team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge of supporting technologies, including network, hardware, virtualization, and other enterprise software
- Certifications in VMware, Cisco UCS and/or NetApp
- Scripting knowledge to facilitate automation
- Knowledge in IT Service Management core concepts, ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to follow-up from issue to resolution.
- VMware Suite including:
- vSphere (vcenter and esxi)
- vRealize Suite
- NetApp Suite:
- Data OnTap 9.x
- OnCommand Insight
- Cloud Volumes (Azure)
- Cisco UCS / HP (rack mount, blade center and moonshot) / Dell / Nutanix
- SAN / NAS technologies (NetApp, IBM, EMC, zoning)
- Rubrik / Commvault / NetBackup / Avamar / TSM
- Windows / Linux
- Tools to monitor system performance
- PowerShell scripting
Certifications in VMware, Cisco UCS and/or NetApp are a big plus but not required.
Please email your resume or
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: email@example.com
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers
Keywords:infrastructure operations vmware cisco UCS netapp shell python perl netapp servicenow incident