PC LAN Technician
One of our clients, medical devices and services company is looking for an enthusiastic PC LAN Technician
** Must be authorized to work in US for ANY EMPLOYER.
No H1 Visa support
for this position.
The Location is Northern New Jersey
Permanent position with great benefits.
To be considered immediately please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support of computer and LAN operations. Provides technical support for computers users and networks between multiple platforms and facilities. Provides PC hardware and software support by installing, servicing and repairing PC’s and installing software. Connects PC’s to existing data networks. Maintain logs and perform PC and network software programming.
Prepare, configure, and deploy computer systems, accessories, and software. Ensure desktop systems and software is within company standards and guidelines.
1. Knowledge/Educational Requirements
- Responsible for maintaining computer inventory using technologies, such as WASP and Kbox. Receive and inventory computer related purchases; and properly update records as they are received and distributed. Work with Finance to make sure computer assets are properly assigned to departments.
- Performs PC deployments, repairs and upgrades, resolving connectivity issues with the LAN, computer backups, printer setup and maintenance.
- Provides day to day PC support to both local and remote users by troubleshooting and resolving various PC and E-Mail system problems.
- Supports the use of the corporate standard spreadsheets, word processing, E-mail and database packages
- Maintains documentation on the installation, configuration, and use of PC’s and associated devices. Create and maintain user manuals and known error documentation.
- Performs computer related moves, including office moves and printers.
- Create and maintain user access to corporate systems and resources.
2. Skills and Abilities
Complete understanding of general and technical aspects of PC, LAN and File Server technology. Hands-on experience maintaining and repairing PCs and LAN equipment. Must be able to interact with users to understand and resolve PC/LAN problems.
Use this link to apply directly:
- BA/BS, or equivalent, in computer science or related field, 3-5 years experience in similar position.
- CompTia A+ certification
- Certification in Microsoft Operating Systems (MCSA) preferred.
- Knowledge of MAC is required.