Staff Accountant Tax
One of our clients, medical devices and services company is looking for an enthusiastic Staff Accountant.
** Must be authorized to work in US for ANY EMPLOYER.
No H1 Visa support for this position.
The Location is Northern New Jersey
Permanent position with great benefits.
Hybrid commute - 2/3 days Home/Office.
To be considered immediately please send your resume to email@example.com
Staff Accountant - Tax
Under the leadership of the Tax Manager, responsible for the company’s sales and use tax compliance including analysis, accounting, and reporting for the functions listed below, in accordance with established systems, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and provide data to the outside sales tax firms for monthly sales tax returns filing.
- Review and approve sales tax returns prepared by third party firms.
- Manage credits on hold.
- Prepare and file amendment returns.
- Manage customers’ tax status and exempt-certificate databases.
- Issue sales tax credit memos.
- Support state tax audits (Sales, Use, Payroll, Corporate Income).
- Liaison with outside sales tax firms for the US and Canadian legal entities
- Business registrations and licenses— provide necessary data and support to outside registration agent (CSC) to ensure compliance.
- Tax research and advice to ensure compliance.
- Support to SOX controls, quarter financial statement reviews and annual audit.
- Update and comply with internal policies and procedures.
- Special projects assigned by management.
1. Knowledge/Educational Requirements
Skills and Abilities
- BA degree in tax, accounting, business, or finance required, but could be substituted by appropriate experience.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience preferred. Will consider new graduates.
- Systems Proficiency – prior experience with major ERP systems and tax systems preferred, but the company will provide training.
- PC Proficiency – above average Excel skills required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Very reliable, dependable, self-motivated, self-starter, driven to get things done, with strong attention to detail.
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers
Keywords:accounting accountant tax erp excel sox csc audit