Our client, a major bank in Iselin, NJ is looking for Senior Network Engineer.
Hybrid commute (2 days from the office, in Iselin, NJ with occasional visits to New York City).
This is 6+ months contract with possible extensions or option to hire.
** Must be authorized to work for ANY employer in US - NO H1 Visa support for this role
Senior Network Engineer
responsible for designing and implementing bank's network infrastructure including WAN, MAN, LAN, WLAN, Proxy, Load Balancing, Firewall and Proxy components.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or engineering, or computer science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience supporting computer networks in a mission-critical environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment supporting real-time market data and trading.
- Certification and/or training with vendor-neutral or vendor-specific focus.
- Basic understanding of operating system administration (Windows and Linux).
- Basic scripting and automation.
- Organized and methodical testing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- OS: Linux & Windows.
- Hardware: Cisco ACI, Cisco routers and switches, Checkpoint and Fortinet firewalls, web proxies, F5 LTM/ GTM, Network monitoring probes (Gigamon, Extrahop).
- Applications: Cisco ISE, BlueCAT DDI, SSL/PKI
- Help to drive network improvements and standardization for the network environments in both the Data Centers, Campus and Remote Branch Offices
- Perform tasks including but not limited to planning, staging of hardware and software, implementation of the solution in the lab and production environment, providing post-cutover support, documentation, and end user training.
- Test, debug, conduct performance analysis, and document network infrastructure components
- Capacity management of network infrastructure
- Assist in the implementation of test plans (including functionality, integrity, and stress testing; and definition of test methodologies and strategy) related to network infrastructure
- Ensure that plans for the network integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure
- Assist in the development and configuration of the network infrastructure from conceptualization through stabilization
- Assist in the implementation of the network infrastructure by performing product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software
- Assist in providing production support for incidents / problems escalated from Network Operations team.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of network infrastructure required for new projects
- Creates and maintains written documentation and diagrams for supported systems
- Participates in a 24/7/365 weekly on-call rotation
Please email your resume or