Sr. Big Data Developer
One of our clients, a Global Market Research Company, is looking for a talented Sr. Big Data Developer
Permanent position with excellent compensation package and benefits.
This position can also be a contract to hire opportunity.
Location: Remote position
SORRY NO H1 VISA SUPPORT FOR THIS ROLE
Please read the description below and to be considered immediately email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your rate/salary requirements.
Sr. Big Data Developer
The Sr. Big Data Developer will be responsible for architecting, designing, and leading the development team to implement mission critical data processing Hadoop platform. The position works with executive leadership to provide technical guidance, enterprise architecture, data strategies and implement short and long term goals for the company. The Sr. Big Data Developer also supervise his/her direct reports to ensure their direction and goals are in concert with the objectives of IT/Ops department in the company.
- Proven experience with architecture design and hands-on implementation of Big Data pipelines using Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Factory.
- Expertise with Hadoop Spark and Hive implementations with strong programming experience in Hive, Java, and Scala.
- Last five years of hands on experience in developing and architecting solutions in operational experience of NoSQL databases and data integrations using Hadoop ecosystem
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing ETL or EDW processes
- 8+ years of experience working with relational or NoSQL databases as an architect or developer, proficient in data modeling, database design concepts, SQL and database performance tuning.
- 8+ years of experience working on UNIX platform, expertise in shell scripting and performance monitoring on UNIX servers.
- Design, pilot Big Data & Analytics data models and algorithms with optimal performance and ease of maintenance.
- Participate in the evaluation and pilot of new technologies and designs to support architecture components like data warehouse, analytics dashboard, APIs and more.
- Participate in the design and implementation of an efficient, highly available, auto scaling cloud platform.
- Assist and support Azure cloud migrations of existing data processes in classical infrastructure.
- Coordinate efforts with IT and Operations to ensure that the Hadoop architecture, data structures and processes meet the business requirements and objectives.
- Participate in new data projects working with business and product, and lead Proof of Concepts and pilots.
- Provide technical thought leadership, bringing new ideas and approaches to the wider team.
- Troubleshoot and benchmark existing systems to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Assist in the ongoing development and documentation of the standards for the system and data processes.
- Create project plans, manage milestones, create and distribute reports and manage risks
- Communicate effectively with senior management, direct reports and customers.
- Plan system capacity and design advanced features for future business growth and new business opportunities.
- Proven experience with architecture design and hands-on implementation of Big Data pipe lines, in Azure or AWS
- Expertise with Hadoop, Spark and Hive implementations with strong programming experience in Hive, Java, Scala, Python, SQL.
- Experience with both Relational and NoSQL databases, data modeling, database performance tuning.
- Experience working on UNIX platform, expertise in shell scripting and performance monitoring on UNIX servers.
- Experience with performance bench-marking and optimization.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Search Engines a plus
- Experience with Analytics and Advanced Data Visualization a plus.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering.
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: email@example.com
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers
azure hadoop spark hive scala java sql azure big data factory nosql etl edw unix linux