Full Stack Engineer REMOTE
One of our clients, a Global Market Research Company, is looking for a talented Full Stack / Site Reliability Engineer
Permanent position with excellent compensation package and benefits.
Location: 100% Remote position
Sorry, no H1 Visa Support For This Role
Please read the description below and to be considered immediately email your resume to barryr@ brainsworkgroup. com
- 5+ years of Full Stack Engineering Experience
- Keep production systems and processes running efficiently while ensuring that company’s Service Level Agreements and Reliability Metrics are met.
- Focus on reliability, resilience, and ability to scale as company shifts their infrastructure from legacy systems to next generation and cloud.
- Partner with engineering teams to improve their reliability and operational processes across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network.
- Manage production related issues, incident escalations, mitigation, performing root cause analysis, and provide long term solutions to stabilize the system.
- Design and write code to automate and reduce operational toil
- Responsible for system design reviews by using monitoring, logging and alerting tools and processes to manage and identify bottlenecks in company’s pipeline.
- Identify repetitive issues and tasks and implement automation, self-healing processes, runbooks, and self-service tooling to reduce operational toil
- Detect and proactively address performance anomalies before they become a delivery risk to the customer.
- Build tools to make our infrastructure more consistent, more reliable, more observable, and require less manual intervention
- Manage production incidents, communications and gather appropriate personnel for incident response team. Mediate bridge calls with support teams, third party vendors, on-call support and subject matter experts.
- Triage complex problems, taking corrective action to ensure availability and minimize downtime; Initiate corrective actions and participate and document the incident resolution process.
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis, document, and follow-through on implementation of solutions.
- Work closely with and coordinate with Infrastructure and Engineering groups that are responsible for to ensure reliability and scalability and propose recommendations to streamline processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of reliability standards and guidelines that direct the design of technology solutions across the technology umbrella
- Programming/Scripting Languages including Python, Java OR Scala (at least one of them)
- Experience in object-oriented programming concepts, Big Data Concepts and Shell Scripting
- Experience in REST API and Performance Tuning
- Experience with DATA. Any of those: Hadoop / Big Data including HDFS, Spark, Hive/Spark SQL, Data warehousing, HBase, Phoenix, Sqoop
- Experience in Linux/UNIX
- Management/Agile including SVN/GIT/GIThub;
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps and CI/CD preferred
- Must have experience in relational databases Oracle/MySQL/Sybase;
- Experience in Job Scheduling – (ControlM, Crontab, Airflow or Autosys) is big plus
- Knowledge of Hortonworks/Cloudera – Ambari and Trifacta preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts (WAN and LAN) is a plus.
- Understanding of cloud platforms for one of the leading cloud providers (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or related quantitative field
Please email your resume or
Use this link to apply directly:
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers
Keywords: java scala python hadoop hdfs spark unix linux hive sheel sql oracle sybase azure cloud gcp networking ci/cd devops svn api rest rca production